Confidence and confirmation in customer relationships
July 09, 2018
The customer experience of paying online can be frightening. Any signal that the transaction is insecure or the seller is sloppy can destroy a budding relationship.
DMA.org.uk: Is the Transactional Email Experience Critical for Customer Loyalty?, 2018-Jul-3 by Laura Chieri of Mailjet
In our recent research study, we found that 93% of consumers would consider choosing a rival brand following a negative transactional email experience.
So, what aspect would lead to a dissatisfactory interaction? Fear not, we asked that too.
- Spelling, grammar and language mistakes.
- Emails that contained sensitive information.
- Emails that don’t visually look like a brand’s website.
- Emails that took a long time to arrive in the inbox.
- Emails that reached the SPAM box, rather than the inbox.
- Emails that got categorized by Gmail as a ‘promotion’ or not a focused email by Outlook.