The customer experience of paying online can be frightening. Any signal that the transaction is insecure or the seller is sloppy can destroy a budding relationship.
DMA.org.uk: Is the Transactional Email Experience Critical for Customer Loyalty?, 2018-Jul-3 by Laura Chieri of Mailjet
In our recent research study, we found that 93% of consumers would consider choosing a rival brand following a negative transactional email experience.
So, what aspect would lead to a dissatisfactory interaction? Fear not, we asked that too.
- Spelling, grammar and language mistakes.
- Emails that contained sensitive information.
- Emails that don’t visually look like a brand’s website.
- Emails that took a long time to arrive in the inbox.
- Emails that reached the SPAM box, rather than the inbox.
- Emails that got categorized by Gmail as a ‘promotion’ or not a focused email by Outlook.