One of the best ways to build customer loyalty is to recover excellently from our mistakes. Groove provides customer service software, and they've compiled a wonderful list of words that customers want to hear. I think these are phrases customers always want to hear, but they are most important when things are not going as the customer hoped.
Groove: Word Choice Matters, 2014-Oct-21 by Len Markidan
- I don't know, but I'll find out for you.
- I'd be frustrated, too.
- I'd be happy to help you with this.
- I'll send you an update by [day or time].
- I really appreciate you letting us know.
- Is there anything else I can help you with?
I recommend clicking through to read the whole article, as well as the comments, which expand these ideas and especially recommend saying these words with sincerity, or not at all.